Ok, so here it goes. My first posting on my blog site. I've been in the shadows reading some of the brethrens blogs & it looked like fun. So I've decided to take a step out into the world of blogging. A little about me: I live in Idaho. I'm a third generation, native Idahoan. The Lord called me to serve Him when I was at the tender age of barely 15. I'm married to a wonderful man 20 years next month!! We have 2 boys that are truly blessings & miracles. They both are into sports. Football mostly. Most of my married life I've been a stay at home mom. About 4 years ago I started substitute teaching. It's a great job because I can pick the days I want to work. The Lord has blessed my family in so many ways & I'm excited to get the chance to share these blessings through my blog site. I do hope to make some long time new "Sister Friends" as well as keep up with the cherished Sisters I've known for years.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Hello Sister Shannon! Your boys are getting sooooo big! Can't believe David is a teenager already. They have grown a lot sense the last time i saw them.
I know you have a lot of sweet testimonies that we can be encouraged by. As i think of it know i remember a few years ago at a sisters dinner you asked me if i was seeking the lord for a companion and you told me that you would pray that he would bless me with one. That was a great comfort to me to know that one of my sisters would be praying about that with me! I look forward to reading your blog and getting to know you more.
Thank you Sis. Tiffany. I do remember that & I did seek God for you. He REALLY did bless you, didn't He?? What a great hubby you've got & a wonderful family to be grafted into.
And soon a sweet little bundle!!!!
I've been checking your blog everyday to see if you've started to hatch. Keep us posted.
Hi Sis. Shannon, I'm not sure if you know me, but I'm Sis.Tiffy's little sis-in-law. Welcome to the blogging world =)
Sis.Lorraine
Sis. Lorraine- yes i know you. It's just been a long time since I've seen you. I've been kept up to date on how you've been & what's going on from your Aunt Char. And now I've got your blog. I love it! Keep up the GREAT blogs. I love the "whistlerpoop" one. It's now a common word in my household!!
lol, oh yes, that's too funny! We still use that word too, hehe! Looking forward to reading you blog more! =)
Hi Sis. Shannon, I love the name you chose for your blog! That was one I pondered when I was choosing a name for mine. Somehow I wanted it to show that my family served the Lord. If you follow the links on the side of the girls blogs, you can find other sisters across the country! Post comments on their blogs and they will eventually warm up to you! We are kinda out of the mainstream brethren world so to speak..so it's a way to connect with our sisters around the country. Love ya!
Thank Sis. Lori. I'm really excited about getting to know more of the brethren. Isn't the blogging world great!!!
The name that I chose is one that has been near & dear to my heart. Ever since I was baptized it was something I would often dream about. Having a home full of peace & filled with the love of God.
Hi Sister Shannon I am Sister Charlene from Montana I am glad to see more Sisters posting. I am so far from a church it helps me feel connected to my Brethren welcome aboard
I look forward to reading your blog. Love Sister Charlene
Hi Sis. Charlene, it is great for keeping in touch isn't it. I can't imagine living so far from the brethren. Is there any plans for you to be able to move here?
I'm so glad You did it! It's been sweet to talk to you :) but to be a part of my Sisters daily lives and to read what they go through and feel like I'm not alone is such a comfort to me. I'm so happy you're posting :)
Sister Dayna
Hi Sis. Dayna,
I've enjoyed our conversations too. Can't wait until we can visit in person. But until then, let the keyboard clicking begin!!!
Post a Comment