Last Wednesday was a sad day for my family. We had to say goodbye to one of our beloved dogs. His name was Woody. He was 14 years old. As a puppy he was a rich dark red color. When he got older he turned into a lighter shade of red. In his last years of life he started to go bald. He also lost his eye sight & hearing. I know there a some who don't understand how people can get attached to animals but I certainly do. This was one of the hardest things I've had to do in a long time. He's not the first dog I've had to put down, & at that, it still wasn't very easy to do. As with my other dog, I held him as he went to sleep. I'm not sure what was harder to bear, watching him go or watching my children grieve.
Saturday, May 17, 2008
A sad day
Posted by Shannon at 9:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
HOW SAD :( I know how it feels to lose a doggy I dread the day when Boston leaves this world he is like a kid to me! So How is your other Poodle taking it?
Cari,
At first Ruger would run through the house looking for Woody. I guess he's now excepted that he's not here. He didn't eat for a couple of days but now he's eating a little.
I am so sorry, I so understand how it is to love a dog. I am not looking forward to scooby getting old. My kids are very attaches.
oh, how sad for your family! Dogs sure do get into our hearts and our family's lives. I'm sorry for your sadness...
Thats so sad. It was hard for me when we lost Cody (even though he was a mean grump lol). He got hurt and my mom took him in when we were at school and we didn't get to say goodbye. That was a sad day for me. But i would rather lose a doggy thats old and have him put to sleep than to lose him some other way :/.
Sorry for your heart ache. Love and Prayers.
Oh, I'm so sorry. I DO know how it feels to lose a dog, we do get attached to them, they are like a part of the family. I'm glad that he lived a long life, with I'm sure LOTS of LOVE.
Poor Doggy and Poor Kids Its hard to get over but its awesome you had him for as long as you did. Oh yea I finaly started my blog check it out!
Love ya
Sorry for you & the Kids.
Love & Prayers
Post a Comment