CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Yard sale success

Yes the yard sale was a success. I made almost $400.00. Which is exactly what we have left to pay on a bill that we need to pay off.

Earlier this month I wanted to take my Durango in to have everything looked at. We knew there was a transmission leak. Anyway, with the trany fix & a few other little things it added up to over $800.00. We know the GM of the place we take our vehicles to & he is so nice to let us stretch bills out that are high like that. So I paid a little over half at the time & now need to finish paying it.

So now I get to clean up. YUK. I've already taken 6 very full boxed to the goodwill but there is still so much more to go. Not only is this some of my stuff, some of it is from my grandparents, some from my parents & some of it is from my step dads parents. It's a lot of stuff!!! There are a few items that are vintage that I may try to sell on ebay. So I guess I should quit stalling & get to work. It's not going to jump into those boxed by itself.

8 comments:

Sis Stubby said...

Glad to hear your yard sale was a success.We sale stuff on E-Bay.That is a good place to get rid of stuff.Good luck with that.
It does bring in extra income.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that your yard sale went well. That is great and don't worry the cleaning up will be over before you know it!!!

Shannon said...

Sis. Stubby I may be coming to you for some advise then. I don't know much about selling on ebay. Hope that's ok.

Sharon, you're right the clean up went pretty quickly.

Cherrie said...

You did awesome with your yard sale. Good luck on the cleaning up.

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad your yard sale was a success :). I can't wait to see you!

Sis Stubby said...

Sis Shannon E-amil me and I willGive you a call and help any way I can. Me e-mail is on my blog

Sis. Leah said...

I am glad to hear you done so well. That God blessed you with what you needed. Some of here are going to have a yard sale tomorrow and I hope we can do well.

Jules said...

That is awesome that you made that much money. I had one about 1 month ago and only made $60.00. Oh well. But I'm definately glad you did well :) They are definately a lot of work, and yes cleaning up is not fun, but in your case, definately worth it ;)