CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Memorial Day Drive

On memorial day we took a drive to Damon's parents place. They live (or used to) in a small town north of here about 150 miles or so. Some of the drive there is beautiful, as you can see.



Between both of the boys, the dog didn't have a chance to hang his head out of the window.











This is one of the views from their place. They also built this deck secluded in some trees. I used to love just sitting there & enjoying the sounds of nature.


We roasted a lot of hot dogs & marshmallows in this fire pit. They built this place in the mid-80's to be a vacation home. It then turned into their retirement home. Then it became to be too much for them to maintain. They sold it last year & are now moving out. We went up there to pick up a trailer & to haul a few things to their new place. But there was one more thing to do before we left . . . hit some golf balls.


It's strange I know but it's something they started doing several years ago. They hit golf balls that aren't any good to golf with into a ravine. Some traditions are weird but they enjoy it so it was one last hit before we left.

5 comments:

Jules said...

Wow, it looks like a fun filled weekend! The scenery definately was beautiful :) I loved your pictures.

Cherrie said...

What beautiful country side you have to view. I love the tradition of hitting golf balls, my family would enjoy that also.

Sis Stubby said...

Those are very good pictures.Beautiful sights.I would love to have a place like that.And set on the deck with a cup of coffee.

Jackie said...

Sounds like and looks like a beautiful weekend. We are going to try to go fishing or at least get out with our girls this weekend so maybe I can share some pics too. Your boys look like they had a good time. I am not sure if I would want to try that though. It could mess my hair or worse get bugs in my teeth!!! yuk

Sis. Frankie said...

I would have loved to sit on that deck and listen too. It's amazing what you can see not only with your ears but with your heart in place like that. Wooded areas and the ocean are my most favorite places.