CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

20 Years


On this day 20 years ago Damon & I were married. Looking back I remember when our 5th anniversary came. We thought "Wow 5 years, that's sooo long to be married." Then we hit the double digits. 10 years, that's like, forever! Now 20!!!
Over our 20 years of marriage I've always ask Damon not to buy me flowers. It just seemed like the money could go to something more useful. You know, like, a pair of really great shoes!!! All these years he did what I requested, he never bought me flowers. Well to my surprise I came home to find these on my front porch. I never expected it!!! And I'm not even disappointed!!
I really love the flowers, but most of all I love it that he bought them for me to say how much he loves me.
We didn't do anything great today. I didn't have to work today, which I was suppose to but I know God worked that out, & so he took the day off too & we just hung out together. We ran a few errands & went out for lunch. It was a great day!!
Damon, I love you so very much. God brought us together & what a wonderful match-maker He is.

9 comments:

CHRIS AND TRINA said...

HEY SIS SHANNON I REMEMBER WHEN YOU GOT MARRIED I WAS THEIR WITH MY MOM IT SEEMS SOOOO LONG AGO LOL. I AM GLAD YOU ENJOYED YOUR DAY. MUCH LOVE PS I REALLY ENJOYED TALKING TO YOU THE OTHER DAY
SIS TRINA

carimarie said...

Thats so precious I am the same way I always tell Jerry dont buy me flowers I could get a new shirt for the price flowers cost LOL we were just talking last night and I was saying WOW were gonna be married 7 years next month I cant beleive how time flies :D iTS awesome god blesses us with partners to share our walk in the faith with! COngrats on 20 years, love ya!

Sis Stubby said...

Congratulations
Twenty years seems like yesterday.
It is wonderful for you and your husband to be able to spend the day together.God is so great to us.

Cherrie said...

Those flowers are just beautiful. It is always nice when they do something unexpected. Happy 20th anniversary....

Jules said...

Happy Anniversary! Isn't it amazing how fast time flies? My husband and I are about to celebrate our 9th anniversary, and it seems like it should be like our 3rd maybe, hehe. Those are beautiful flowers. Thank you for your comment on my post about my dad, it is nice to get comfort from everyone, and I really appreciate it :)

:.☂Raine☂.: said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Those flowers are so pretty! Maybe I'll see you in a little bit, I'm coming up to Idaho soon..:)

Jackie said...

Congrats!!! 20 years wow that is great. In this day and age 20 years is a huge accomplishment!!! We are getting ready to celebrate 7 years next month too. You flowers were beautiful!!

Anonymous said...

The sweetest gifts are the ones we don't expect. I remember going to your High School graduation! I am so encouraged today to see how God directed your feet to His Faith and gave you the love of your life and such sweet boys that love you.
Give him a hug for us:)

Charlene said...

So cool Sister Shannon everyone else said what I would but here it is again congrats on 20 years how Sweet God is to provide you with your perfect mate. Love you, Sister Charlene