Oh how the time has gotten away from me. Bear with me if you can.
Sunday the 30th of March, Damon left for 5 days for some training for his job. I was truly depressed that he was gone. I was having to deal with some issues with my parents (they are not in the faith) that I wouldn't have EVER dreamt that I would have to deal with. With Damon being gone & not accessible for me to talk to I felt very alone.
During that time I had a 3 day job at one of the local high schools. This particular teacher always requests me for a sub & had me scheduled for this job way back in October 2007. I really do like subbing but sometimes the "teenage attitude" gets exhausting.
Thursday night Damon came home. YEAH!!!!
Friday we went to a field trip with our youngest son where we stood ALL DAY in the cold. (So much for those nice spring days)
Saturday was football sign-ups. I'm on the executive committee of the football organization so I'm pretty much required to be there all day. So again standing ALL DAY.
Sunday I could not get moving. My body ached. (wow do I sound old, wait, it gets better)
Monday morning came, I couldn't walk. Literally. About 3 months ago I think I tore my hip flexor muscle & I haven't healed completely. It hurt to put weight on that leg & I couldn't lift it in the manner that you do when you walk. Let me tell you, this was fun since I have a 2 story house. I was almost thinking it would be easier to go down the stairs on my back side. Going back up was a little more challenging & very infrequent.
Monday night was awful. I would only sleep for an hour or so then would have to roll over, but I couldn't do it by myself. My dear hubby was having to get up & help me. I felt so helpless.
Tuesday morning comes. Some of the pain was starting to subside. Damon, who was suppose to be gone to work by now, comes into the bedroom to tell me that the headlights on his pickup aren't working & that he will have to take my vehicle. That's ok I tell him.
Then . . . I realize, I need to take my oldest to school. Not a big deal you say, it will be light by then you won't need headlights. True. But . . here's the problem, I'm having problems lifting my leg to walk & now face the challenge to lift my leg high enough to get into the truck. The running boards are as high as my knee caps!!! So here we are, me & my sons, trying to get mom in the truck, with a step ladder. What a video that would have made!! I think the boys wanted to bust up laughing at me but felt too bad for me so they just kept their silence.
So now to the miracle. I got up this morning without pain! I am able to walk fine. I'm sure all of you aren't strangers to laying in bed at night praying constantly to God for mercy. It seems we all go through it at some point in our lives if not every night. I'm no stranger myself to pain. I live with it almost daily, but this was a lot more pain than I usually have. I did pray constantly & God heard & answered my prayers. I feel so comforted, I'm even crying now as I write this, that God saw fit to not only ease my pain but to take it away completely.
Wednesday, April 9, 2008
How time flies
Posted by Shannon at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow thats awesome! God is so sweet to us. Glad He came to your rescue so quickly. =)
You have had a lot on your plate as well. Glad that your are feeling better. God is so good to us....
This is a wonderful testimony! I am sorry you were in such pain...that's sad. You take care of yourself!
Wow...God is sooo good! He cares about all things. I prayed that the Lord would help with Boaz and his sleeping issues, and the very next day He did. WHEW! Mama needed that! hehehe
I am so thankful that you are without pain today! Yahoo!
Glad to meet you.I am so glad God heard your prayers.He is so good to us.
Hi Sister yes it is great that God loves us so much and hears all our prayers I too live with daily pain so I what a blessing it was for you wake up pain free yahoo for God Love Sister Charlene
Post a Comment